In June of 2019, I spent a weekend canoe camping on Lower Saranac Lake in New York’s Adirondack Park. I went with friends from Hudson Valley Hikers. HVH hikes have a reputation for being long, difficult, and fast. Our canoe camping events tend to be quite the opposite. Most of these trips are slow and relaxing. Canoe camping is also a nice departure from my normal minimalist backpacking style because it is easier to carry cooking equipment and real food.
Question about backpack: what’s different from camping ? Sorry, I have no knowledges about camping and backpacking. Just started hiking . But I am interested to learn everything you want to show me. Thanks.
1) Blog at least once each week
2) Learn to hike barefoot
3) Night-hike more often
4) Go backpacking for a weekend with no food
5) Finish hiking the NY section of the AT
6) Start hiking the PA section
7) Get certified in Wilderness First Aid
8) Go camping in Maine
9) Introduce more people to the outdoors
10) Spend a weekend canoe camping